This California Privacy Notice supplements the information contained in our Privacy Notice with information that is relevant to residents of the State of California in the United States.
Personal Information we Collect
We collect the categories of personal information that identify you or your household listed below:
• Information we collect directly from you (e.g., when you interact with us as described in the Personal Data We Collect section of our Privacy Notice):
• Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other similar identifiers;
• Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, or other purchasing or consumption histories or tendencies;
• Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age and gender;
• Professional Information, such as your employing entity and job title; and
• Information we collect directly from you or from third parties whose services you use to interact with us (such as when you share information publicly on social networks as part of your interactions with us, or when you communicate with us through electronic or telephone communications):
• Geolocation Data, such as information about your physical location collected from geolocation features on your device, including your IP address; and
• Internet/Network Information, such as your IP address, or browser or device information.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
We use the personal information collected for the business purposes described in the Use of your Personal Data section of our Privacy Notice.
We disclose the personal information collected from California residents to other entities within the Audemars Piguet Group and to third-party service providers for a business purpose, as described in the Sharing of your Personal Data section of our Privacy Notice.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) considers certain disclosures of personal information to third parties “sales” even when no money is exchanged. The CCPA also defines disclosure of personal information to third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes as “sharing,” We do not sell or share your personal information as that term is defined in the CCPA (including personal information of any individual under 16 years of age).
We do not collect sensitive personal information.
We will keep your personal data for the period necessary to satisfy the different purposes describe in our Privacy Notice, except in such cases where the law permits or requires a longer period of retention.
Your California Privacy Rights
• Right to access personal information. You may be entitled to receive the specific pieces of your personal information we have about you.
• Right to correct. You may be entitled to correct inaccurate personal information that we have about you.
• Right to disclosure. You may be entitled to certain information related to personal information about you, such as the categories of personal information we collected, the sources from which we collected personal information, the purposes for which we collected and shared personal information, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding your request.
• Right to deletion. You may be entitled to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for certain legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
• Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising these rights.
To exercise your California Privacy Rights, you can submit your request using the contact details described in the Contact Us section of our Privacy Notice, or by calling our toll-free telephone number +1 800-214-6858.
We will need to verify your request to exercise your California Privacy Rights. We generally are able to verify such requests by matching the information you provide with information we have collected about you. However, you may be asked to provide additional personal information for verification purposes. We may be unable to fully process your rights if we are unable to verify your request to a reasonable or reasonably high degree of certainty.
You are permitted to use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf if we can verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf (such as pursuant to a power of attorney valid under the laws of California or if you have separately verified your identify or the relevant authorization with us).
This California Privacy Notice was last updated on 21 September 2023.