Your personal data is very important to Audemars Piguet (“we” or “our”). This notice (the “Privacy Notice”) is to inform you about the processing of personal data that we may collect when you access our online and offline services, including the personal data we collect through our various channels, such as our website, applications, social networks, our customer relations centres, boutiques, points of sale and the events we organize.
This Privacy Notice applies to all entities of the Audemars Piguet group.
Whenever you provide your personal data to an Audemars Piguet entity, such entity is responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data, at the local level, for the purposes of managing the commercial or contractual relationship relating to Audemars Piguet products and services, in accordance with the applicable local laws. At the group level, the Swiss company Audemars Piguet (Marketing) SA is responsible for defining the overall policy for the processing and management of your personal data for commercial and marketing purposes (such as management of the central group CRM system and promotional campaigns at the group level as opposed to local campaigns), as well as the management of the Audemars Piguet website.
In accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and the Federal Act on Data Protection of 19 June 1992 (the “FADP”), this Privacy Notice is governed and interpreted by the GDPR and the FADP, under the control of the Federal Data Protection and Transparency Officer, insofar as the Swiss company Audemars Piguet (Marketing) SA is responsible, at the Audemars Piguet group level, for the definition of the global policy on the processing and management of your personal data for commercial and marketing purposes, as well as the management of the Audemars Piguet website.
However, Audemars Piguet may take into account provisions that are stricter than those of the GDPR or the FADP, when required by law.
We invite you to take the time to read this Privacy Notice in its entirety. We are available at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to answer any questions you may have, particularly in the exercise of your rights to your personal data described in Section VI.
I. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal data we may collect from you or about you (see below), from the following sources:
• Visiting our websites and using Audemars Piguet mobile applications (including the mini-sites we have on social networks such as WeChat) (the “Site”): in particular, for the registration on our Site, the response to a form or the use of a service (subscription to our newsletter, list of favourites, submission of job applications), or of a feature or resources published on our Site. You will be asked to log in, but you can also visit our Site without registering;
• Electronic and telephone communications between Audemars Piguet and yourself;
• Boutiques and points of sale managed by Audemars Piguet;
• Purchases of Audemars Piguet products or requests for after-sales service;
• Calls to Audemars Piguet customer relations centres;
• Registration forms that we collect, either printed or available on electronic tablets, especially in our boutiques and points of sale or in the context of events;
• The submission of applications to our partners in charge of the online collection of applications for employment positions to be filled at Audemars Piguet;
• Data that you share publicly on social networks as part of your interaction with Audemars Piguet (for example, when you “like” an Audemars Piguet page on social networks).
We may collect different types of information from you depending on the purpose and the manner in which you interact with Audemars Piguet (online, offline, over the phone, etc.), as indicated below:
• Personal details: any information you provide us that would allow us to contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address or telephone number, as well as your purchase history and any after-sales services that you may request. We may also process the images taken as part of the surveillance systems in place in boutiques and points of sales managed by Audemars Piguet.
• Demographic information: any information describing your demographic and behavioural characteristics. This includes, for example, your date of birth, gender, nationality, geographical location (e.g. postal code), language preference, other preferences, such as your favourite products, your list of favourites, your professional situation (professional title, company/employer, professional contact details), your marital status, your interests (sports, leisure) and your lifestyle.
• Customer feedback: This is information that you voluntarily share with us about your experience using our products and services (i.e., in the event of any complaint).
• Payment information: any of the information that we need to carry out an order or that you use to make a purchase, and, if you so request, the data necessary to refund the VAT (the name of the cardholder, credit card number, expiry date, a copy of your identity card, etc.) and information or documents required by anti-money laundering laws.
Privacy and protection of minors. Our Site is not intended for users under 16 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we realize or are aware that we collected personal data from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information from our servers, unless we are required to retain it by law (accounting or purchase data, data necessary for applicable guarantees or the management of complaints, etc.). In any event, users under 16 who provide us with personal data have the discretionary right to the erasure of their data that they can exercise, at any time and without cause, alone or through their usual guardian, by contacting us at the address mentioned in Section VIII “Contact Us”. Requests for erasure will be processed in the conditions and subject to the reservations described above.
II. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your personal data for the purposes described below. Please note that the types of use listed below depend on your use of our services and do not systematically affect each user:
• Processing of your orders, purchases (including any VAT refund requests) and deliveries;
• Answering your queries, questions and/or requests of any kind;
• Improving customer service and managing customer relations, including managing VIP programs and loyalty programs. The data collected helps us respond to your requests, meet your needs more effectively and improve our products and services;
• Sending you regular information, in particular about Audemars Piguet, news on our products and after-sale services, our events, the opening of new boutiques, points of sale or satisfaction surveys concerning our products and services, with your consent when required;
• Providing after-sales services, including in the context of calls upon warranty;
• Managing and registering lost, stolen or counterfeit products;
• Taking the necessary steps to detect fraud;
• Managing our Site and your accounts, including personalising your user experience on our Site by presenting you content specific to Audemars Piguet that corresponds to your interests. We are also likely to cross-reference this data to better understand how users, as a group, use the services and/or resources available on our Site;
• Complying with our billing and accounting obligations, as well as our legal and regulatory obligations (such as those arising from anti-money laundering laws);
• Dealing with any claims or litigation (particularly in the context of the exercise of legal claims and defences in the event of litigation);
• Producing reports and statistics, particularly for the purpose of measuring traffic on the Site;
• Managing the process of recruiting applications submitted to our partners in charge of the online collection of applications for employment positions to be filled at Audemars Piguet;
• Guaranteeing the safety of boutiques and points of sale managed by Audemars Piguet;
• Guaranteeing IT security and IT operations.
III. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place adequate security practices and measures relative to the processing of personal data in order to prevent unauthorized third-party access to your personal information and to protect it from being altered, disclosed or destroyed. These security measures consist primarily in a strict control of access and administrators, encryption of all personal data in our database of customer and potential customer relationships, periodic review of access, constant supervision of the infrastructure, as well as a risk analysis and remediation strategy.
Nevertheless, even if we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted on our Site during its transit through the Internet by means of any unsecured protocol.
IV. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We undertake not to sell, exchange, rent or transfer in any way your personal data without your consent (which will have been given after receipt of prior information) and subject to the cases listed below:
• Transfers within Audemars Piguet: the various Audemars Piguet entities can share your personal data with each other in order to ensure the continuity of our services, our relationship with our customers, our potential customers and the users of our Site, as well as to ensure the continuity of our offers and information intended for you. Your personal data may thus be collected, stored and processed by an Audemars Piguet entity located in the following countries/regions: Switzerland, the United States, the European Economic Area, China, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Lebanon and Russia. To ensure a sufficient level of protection, transfers are governed, if necessary, by the contractual clauses in force adopted by the European Commission or through mechanisms validated by the latter or by the competent authorities in charge of the protection of personal data within of the European Economic Area and, if applicable, by additional measures that may be required in other jurisdictions.
• Transfers to third-party service providers: In addition, we may share your personal data with third parties located abroad, for the following purposes:
• For the purposes described in Section II hereinabove, we may share with our commercial and advertising partners cross-references of demographic information of a generic nature, containing no direct identification of our visitors, for statistical purposes.
• We may disclose such information to a third party in connection with any merger or acquisition, or to any organisation involved in any transfer or sale of our business or our capital.
We always require these third parties to provide sufficient guarantees of confidentiality and security and to take the necessary organisational and technical measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable legislation. To ensure a sufficient level of protection, transfers are governed, if necessary, by the contractual clauses in force adopted by the European Commission or through mechanisms validated by the latter or by the competent authorities in charge of the protection of personal data within the European Economic Area and, if applicable, supplemented by measures that may be required in other jurisdictions. In addition, service providers are only allowed access to your personal data and use it on our behalf in relation to the specific tasks assigned to them, based on our instructions.
• Transfers to third parties for legal reasons: we may disclose personal data to meet legal requirements, respond to a request from a competent law enforcement agency, exercise our rights or defend ourselves in the context of a claim or legal proceeding or to provide evidence to protect the interests of an Audemars Piguet entity and to fight against fraud.
V. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data for the time necessary to satisfy the different purposes set out in Section II hereinabove, except in cases in which the law allows us or requires us to keep such data longer.
• The personal data used to manage our relationship with you or to send you information, especially about Audemars Piguet, news on our products or after-sale services, events or satisfaction surveys will be kept for the duration necessary for the management of our relationship with you, and no longer than a three-year period from the end of your business relationship with Audemars Piguet or your last contact with Audemars Piguet if you are from a country of the European Economic Area or Switzerland. This period is extended to ten years if you are from the United States and five years if you are from any other country.
• Data related to the management and history of your purchases and the services provided to you, as well as the management of complaints and calls upon guarantees will be retained for a maximum period of ten years from the last event. Audemars Piguet will keep the data you provided as part of any VAT refund application for a maximum period of one month.
• The personal data processed for the management of requests for access to or rectification of personal data will be kept for a maximum period of three years.
These maximum periods apply unless you request the deletion or termination of the use of your data before the expiry of these periods for any ground compatible with a legal obligation of conservation that may be imposed on Audemars Piguet.
VI. YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Access to personal data, modification, updates and deletion: if applicable law provides so, you may (i) request access to your personal data held by an Audemars Piguet entity, consult such data and obtain a paper or electronic copy thereof, and (ii) request the correction, limitation, updating or deletion of your personal data or oppose the processing of such data. You may exercise such rights by sending a written request, along with a copy of an identity document, to the Audemars Piguet entity with which you interact or to the postal or electronic address indicated in Section VIII “Contact Us”, below. We will endeavour to present the personal data concerned, to correct or delete such data, according to your request and under the conditions provided by the applicable law.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal data without also deleting your user account. We may also have to keep some of your personal data after a removal request, in order to meet our legal or contractual obligations. We may also be permitted by applicable law to retain some of your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
Opt-out: you may also ask to no longer receive information or offers from us at any time, either by following the unsubscribe process described in the messages you may receive from us, or by writing to us at the address indicated in Section VIII “Contact Us”, below.
Data portability: given the extreme specificity of the fine watchmaking products designed and marketed by Audemars Piguet, as well as the services associated therewith, Audemars Piguet cannot, unless a written and specific individual request is addressed to us and justified by a legitimate reason, be subject to portability as defined by the GDPR.
Complaint to a supervisory authority: without prejudice to any other legal remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the European Union supervisory authority for the application of the rules of the GDPR or with the Federal Data Protection and Transparency Officer under the conditions laid down in the FAPD.
VII. AMENDMENTS TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. You will be notified beforehand by the publication of a notification on the homepage of our Site. We encourage you to check this page periodically for updates and to stay informed about the steps we take to protect the personal data we collect. You agree and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to regularly review our Site to be aware of any changes made thereto.
VIII. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com or at the following address: Audemars Piguet (Marketing) SA, Attn: Data Protection Officer, Route de France 16, 1348 Le Brassus, Switzerland.
This document was last updated on 9 February 2018.